Being tall is a definite advantage in everything from relationships to careers according to some reports but it doesn’t come without its share of tall people problems. In fact, this blessing is sometimes a curse as many things like that small but fancy sports car you always wanted is built for people with an average height.
Either way, short and tall people have to compromise on some things but here are some things only tall people have to deal with.
1) Finding people to date with the same height can be a challenge.
Tall people problems…
2) You haven’t enjoyed being in the tub since you were 12.
3) If only beds were an extra foot longer.
4) People will poke fun at you for being tall.
5) Everyone expects you to be the ‘Green Giant’ at Halloween.
6) Seats on planes are never comfortable.
7) Dressing rooms are awkward…
8) …and so are bathroom stalls.
9) Hugging your mom isn’t as easy as it used to be.
10) You can’t access certain areas.
11) You get the best view of the concert but not the people behind you.
12) You’ve never seen your face in a full length mirror.
13) Going to the movies isn’t as comfortable as it used to be.
14) You wish banking machines came with knee pads.
15) People often tell you that you grew overnight.
16) It can sometimes be a health hazard walking around the house.
17) Your friends generally have to run to keep up with you.
18) A sports car isn’t practical or comfortable anymore.
19) You’re constantly hitting your knees against your desk.
20) That great suit you bought in junior year doesn’t really fit in senior year.
21) The deep end just doesn’t mean what it used to.
22) The coach always picks you to be the goalie.
23) You need to find other seating arrangements while traveling.
24) New pants are always too short.
25) They also get caught in everything.
26) Family portraits are always odd-looking.
27) One size does not fit all.
28) Planes, Buses, Cars, Oh My!
For tall people, planes have ridiculously small bathrooms, buses have terribly tight seats, and cars have laughably low ceilings.
29) Always Bending Down to Hear People
When you’re super tall, half the time you can’t hear anyone, especially when you’re in a bar with loud music blasting in the background.
30) Low Ceilings
Low ceilings are always a troublesome enemy.
31) You Become the “Top Shelf Assistant”
When you’re tall, shopping at the grocery stores takes thirty minutes longer because everyone needs you to get them something on the top shelf.
32) Standing Next to Short Friends
When you’re standing next to short friends, it’s like you’re Willy Wonka with an Oompa Loompa.
33) Difficulty Finding a Good Date
As much as you want to fight against it, having a date that is too short makes things even more complicated.
34) Awkward Hugs
When you try to hug your date, it often just turns out super awkward. We won’t even get into the kissing problem.
35) Umbrella Mine-Fields
When it rains outside, a unique enemy rises few people realize. Umbrellas. It’s like trying to avoid razorblades on the street.
36) Off with Your Head!
When you tower over the average person, you either force the photographer to stand much further back, or they just give up and cut off your head in the frame.
37) The deep end of the pool is lacking.
For short people, the deep end of the pool is like your Ed Harris traveling into the Abyss. But for tall people, it’s more like sinking your head into the bathtub.
38) Short Water Fountains
When you’re really thirsty, but the only water fountain available is the one as tall as your knees.
39) One size fits all is an insult.
One size fits all clearly was written by a short person.
40) You’re always the big spoon.
Even if you want to be the small spoon sometimes, being too tall virtually eliminates that option.
41) Beds are too small.
Your feet don’t know what it’s like to be on the bed.
42) Blankets are too small.
If you’re cold, getting warm under a blanket is like trying to solve a geometry equation.
43) Picking your battles with shirt sleeves.
Finding shirts that fit in the first place is hard enough, but once they’re washed, you might as well just go buy another.
44) Everyone expects you to be good at sports.
Being tall doesn’t mean that person is going to be good at sports. In fact, it can be quite the opposite. Check your expectations at the gate.
45) Spider Webs
People don’t realize how many spider webs there are just a foot above them.
46) When you don’t fit in a shower.
Small showers give you the awkward feeling you might have somehow teleported to Santa’s house.
47) Everyone hates you at shows.
Sometimes being tall is a cross to bear especially when you’re at a rock show and everyone behind you loathes you.
48) You can never wear green.
Wearing green as a tall person is practically an invitation to be called the “Jolly Green Giant” fifty times that day.
49) Fitting rooms don’t work.
Fitting rooms are there to let you have plenty of privacy while you try on the new digs. But for tall people, your head usually sticks out of the top, making it awkward.
50) Family photos might be lopsided.
If one side of the family in a wedding is much taller than the other, it’s going to look like an optical illusion at a mirror maze.
51) Full length mirrors are a lie.
Full-length mirrors don’t even come close to covering your full-length.
52) Ceiling Fans
As a tall person, being decapitated by a ceiling fan is an ever-present fear.