Some people confuse loving yourself with being self centered, but this simply isn’t true. Loving yourself doesn’t mean only caring about yourself; it means that you take the time to satisfy your needs. Self-care is all about understanding yourself and providing for your needs. It is being king to yourself. This can lead to a happier and healthier life.
Below you can find 30 things that happen when you truly start to love yourself.
1. You stop comparing yourself to others. You are able to be your own person and display your own personality.
2. You lower the risk of depression, hypertension, and heart attack. It helps with mental help and boosts the immune system.
3. You will be more attached to reality. Your dreams will become reality, and you won’t tire yourself out by just living life.
4. You will be able to offer others a more genuine love when you really love yourself.
5. You won’t need to fight for what you want. You will understand your own wants and needs, making it easier to achieve your goals.
6. You will be able to grow more as a person, expanding your mind and opening up new doors.
7. You will have more energy to spend on caring, loving, helping, and serving others.
8. You will feel more secure about where your life is leading. When others don’t support you, you will still be able to support yourself.
9. You will become more accepting of others. You will be able to accept the flaws of others more easily.
10. You will be able to use your failures as motivation.
11. You will understand that you don’t need to produce anything for your life to be significant.
12. You won’t need to prove things to yourself anymore.
13. You will be able to build better relationships because you will be showing people the real you. You will no longer have to put on a mask when first meeting someone.
14. You will not be focused on loneliness. You will be able to connect with the world in a more open manner.
15. You will be able to accept your flaws unconditionally, still loving yourself.
16. You will become a better caretaker for your loved ones. You will be able to make them happy just by being around them. Your attitude will rub off on them when they are feeling down.
17. You will be able to understand that humans aren’t perfect. You will welcome vulnerability into your life because it is part of being human.
18. When people say bad things about you it won’t matter because you know that the only thing that matters is what you think about yourself.
19. You will become more resilient, learning to tackle a variety of problems over the course of your life.
20. Shame will not be a feeling you have. Once you become comfortable with yourself it is impossible to become embarrassed or ashamed.
21. When you see the world more clearly, you will be able to solve problems more effectively.
22. You will become a more responsible person once you start to practice self-love and self-care.
23. Free-will will become apparent to you, and you will be able to control your own destiny. This will lead to a better career, relationship, and authenticity.
24. You will not be controlled by fear. Without risk there can be no reward. Once you understand this, success isn’t far away.
25. When you understand your purpose in life, you will be able to accept it. You will be able to plan accordingly, knowing exactly what you want to achieve.
26. Arguments won’t be as severe. When you accept yourself, you will be able to accept others too. It’s not the end of the world when you disagree with someone.
27. You will replace negative emotions with positive ones, relocating your emotions to a better place.
28. You will understand that being stressed will not accomplish anything. Inviting stillness into your life is a great way to not feel stressed all the time.
29. Your creativity will prosper. You will finally be able to express yourself.
30. You will inspire others to care for themselves too.
This is advice that everyone could use, so be sure to let your friends and family in on this important information.