If you grew up with siblings you know how some days were great and other times you probably wished you were a only child. I grew up with older sisters and because I was the youngest and they were all out of the house by the time I was 10, I got to be much closer to my parents. I didn’t have to compete for my parent’s attention and it also allowed me to have a better relationship with my sisters.
Having brothers and sisters to share life with is great and as you grow older, they are not only your family but also your friend. Here are 19 photos that will only make sense to people growing up with siblings.
1) You’re not alone so there is always someone to “share the blame.”
2) They always lift you up when you’re feeling down.
3) They are always there to help when you’re in trouble.
4) But there were times you couldn’t wait until they got out of the house.
5) You always get emotional when your little sister gets married.
6) Being the “mature” one isn’t always the best…especially on Christmas morning.
7) You learned that sharing is caring.
8) A little friendly competition never hurt anyone.
9) They are always there to lift you up emotionally…or physically if needed.
10) You’re always a little braver when a sibling is by your side.
11) They can be the best wingman ever.
12) Siblings always buy the best gifts ever.
13) And you always buy them the best gift in return.
14) No matter how old we get, we can depend on them to be there.
15) There’s always more silly situations when growing up with siblings.
16) You’ll always have something you both relate to.
17) When you make your pets choose.
18) “Look at me, I’m the captain now.”
19) Families grow up but don’t grow apart. Our siblings are always by our side.
“I texted my younger brother during graduation to remind him that full-time employment is right around the corner.”
A photo showing what it means to be a younger brother
Each inch counts.
“My brother decided to wake me up like this.”
— “Why is your sister in a cage?”
— “We’re playing lions at the zoo!”
She probably doesn’t like it.
You only have 1 minute.
“I just told my sister she ate an intestine.”
When your older brother is learning to drive:
When you fall asleep first, remember that it’s not safe.
“I barely touched you!”
Younger brother reactions
“Can’t stop laughing at my sister.”
When your sister asks you to make her some food too:
“Do you really think this is enough to fill a bowl?”
You can’t help photobombing your sister’s photos.
“Bought my brother tree trimmers for Christmas, built a cardboard frame around them and wrapped them like this.”