Coming across a hack that makes an everyday task easier to manage is one of the best feelings, isn’t it? Life is stressful and busy enough as it is — the last thing I’m going to pass on is a helping hand!
If you’re someone who always appreciates a good hack, you won’t want to miss the collection of tips and tricks below.
1. “My dad put an example of each bandaid on the outside of the ziplock baggies.”
This storage system is going to make finding the right bandage way faster and easier because you won’t have to waste time digging through a cluttered box!
2. Use wire caddies to create a neat and tidy storage space for all of your wrapping paper and ribbon.
Not only are racks like this easy to find at most home improvement stores, they’re also fairly inexpensive.
3. “Store hair ties on your gear stick.”
Anyone who regularly wears their hair in a ponytail will appreciate the genius behind this simple hack! The only problem will be remembering to restock the elastics once you’ve used all of them.
4. “The guy propped up the toilet seat with the empty tp roll to prevent someone else from using it without having tp.”
Now, if there are extra rolls of toilet paper available, the right thing to do is replace the empty one. However, if there aren’t any extras, this is a brilliant idea.
5. “Tie a small piece of bright-colored fabric to your luggage. Saves a lot of time to check if its your bag or not.”
Using this trick will ensure a faster exit from the hectic airport you’re so desperate to escape.
6. “Need new coasters? Go to the tile store. Just stick adhesive felt or cork on the underside.”
You can even add personality to the tiles by adhering some of your favorite photographs to them using decoupage glue.
7. “I had some wasted ceiling space in a closet as well as a need to organize wrapping paper, so I put together this storage solution.”
If the wire caddie idea from earlier didn’t quite hit the nail on the head for you, this alternative solution just might!
8. “Freeze a Laffy Taffy to keep it from sticking to the package.”
And if you’re worried about shattering your teeth on a frozen piece of candy, simply warm it up in your hands before putting it in your mouth. Brilliant!
9. “Paint your rims with your tires still on the rim.”
This hack isn’t for everyone, but if you or someone you know is an avid car enthusiast who likes to work on their own projects, it’s a must!
10. Never struggle to get those tasty Pringles out of the can again by using this simple trick.
All you have to do is slip a piece of paper into the tube and gently tip the chips out, making them easy to grab without a huge mess.
11. “Fly won’t stay up? Attach a key ring the zipper and hang it over the button.”
Give this hack a shot before throwing away or donating your favorite pair of pants.
12. This is so smart! Make baths more enjoyable for your fur baby by smearing a big glob of PB along the side of the tub.
“Angus absolutely hates his bath. A little peanut butter and he hardly notices. In fact, he has no idea there’s a bath involved.”
13. Always have nail clippers handy. This is a great tip to remember if you don’t have access to a pair of sharp scissors.
“Finger-nail clippers work wonderfully on zip ties and price tag fasteners. They are super sharp, and fit in tight spots where knives and scissors might not.”
14. Why didn’t I think to do this sooner?
“Whenever cooking a frozen pizza, rearrange the ingredients before you cook it so that when you cut through it, it makes for a cleaner slice.”
15. “Staying in a hotel? Attach your car keys to your phone charger so you can’t forget it.”
Travelers, this one’s for you! As someone who briefly worked as a receptionist in a hotel, I can confirm that chargers are left behind by guests more than any other item.
16. “Make a slight modification to a plugin to get hair appliances off the bathroom counter.”
By replacing one of the plate screws with a small hook, this homeowner now has the perfect place to store their hair straightener while it’s cooling off.
17. Make that New Year’s resolution to drink more water easier to achieve.
“If you’re trying to get yourself to drink more water, mark your goals on the bottle, in terms of the time of day by which you have to drink that much water.”
18. “Use the hotel sink to keep your drinks cold with ice and water if you don’t have a mini fridge.”
The downside to this hack is that you’ve now lost the place where you can wash your hands. So choose wisely!
19. “I suggested to our work team to try out this hack. They loved it.”
Use binder clips to mark off tasks that have been accomplished on a to-do list! This will ensure your list stays neat and legible as you work your way through it.
20. Avoid a puddle of nasty garbage juice at the bottom of your trash can by adding a few pieces of newspaper to the bag.
The paper will absorb anything that leaks, which will keep the trash can clean and less odorous.
21. “Got a spray bottle that might spray during travel in a bag? Tie something between the trigger and the bottle.”
Redditor Zeno_3NHO used an old t-shirt to keep all of the triggers in his bag where they should be.
22. The next time you have to get rid of shattered glass, keep this useful trick in mind.
“If you’re throwing out an old or cracked tempered glass screen protector, put it in a Ziploc before you chuck it. It prevents the glass shards from cutting the bag, and/or embedding into you or someone else’s skin. It also just makes it that much cleaner.”
23. Never lose a button on a shirt or pair of pants again!
“To keep your buttons from falling off, simply paint a bit of clear nail polish over the threads and voila! You’re good to go.”