Cats are fascinating creatures. They have a tendency to be a bit stubborn, a little stuck-up, and definitely independent. If they don’t want you around, they’ll be sure to let you know.
But just like most animals — cats can be clumsy, awkward, and just downright hilarious.
These 50 cats immediately regretted their life decisions, and it was all caught on camera.
Whoever said cats were graceful animals never met these kitty cats.
1. How are you going to get yourself out of this one?
Have you ever been in a situation like this before? I know I have! That feeling when you’re stuck and don’t know what you’re going to do to get out of it is all too relatable for so many of us.
2. “I just need to grab a baking pan, some brown sugar, and some fl…OH MY GOD!”
I cannot stop laughing at the look on this cat’s face. It’s a combination of upset, sad, and annoyed!
3. “No, no, really…I’m super comfortable.”
How did this cat get stuck here like this! I can’t stop laughing at the look on this cat’s face. Well, on the bright side, it looks like the couch is soft enough so the cat doesn’t look like he/she’s in pain!
4. “It was sunny when I came out here…”
This is one seriously angry looking cat! Clearly someone does not like the water or getting wet. I would hate to be in this cat’s path inside!
5. Did this cat really think they could make this work?
You know, maybe someone felt so bad for this cat that they wanted to adopt it or something! He saw the holes and decided to just go for it.
6. Has anyone seen the cat? I’ve been looking everywhere.
This looks like a terrible game of hide and seek when wrong! I really hope this cat found it’s way out of the couch. This does not look comfortable at all!
7. Hello, cat. That look of terror makes me think that you need some assistance.
“Let me in! Let me in nowwwww!” What is so terrifying that’s making this cat so desperately want to go inside?
8. Slinky – 1, Cat – 0.
Someone was having a little too much fun with his/her slinky! We aren’t going to lie, we love slinkies as much as the next person, but this is just too funny to not laugh at! I can’t imagine the regret going through this cat’s mind right now.
Please let me out, please! I hate being stuck in here!
10. And this, folks, is what curiosity does to a cat.
Now this is a cat with skill. I’m pretty impressed that this cat was able to grab itself before it fell into the water!
11. They heard their cat making muffled meows from the bathroom — this is what they walked in to find.
When they heard the meows weren’t as loud as they usually are, they must have known something was wrong. I can only imagine the look on their faces when they walked in and saw their cat like this! I would have burst out laughing for sure!
12. Be cool. Act natural.
That cat has some serious upper body strength. How many pull-ups do think it can do?
13. Excuse me, kitty…you’re doing it wrong.
I don’t even know how this cat ended up in this position! You have to wonder, does this cat think that eating from his/her tray this way is comfortable? Only the cat could tell you, but it sure doesn’t look comfortable!
14. His girlfriend thought it’d be okay to bring a stray cat inside.
You really have to wonder how this cat got up there! I hope they didn’t just pull the blinds up while the cat was there. This cat does not look happy at all, and we hope he/she was taken down quickly!
15. They thought that hanging their plants would keep the cat from messing with them.
This cat is on the verge! And she will risk it all to get what she wants. Good for you cat… good for you.
16. By the look on this cat’s face — this guy better run.
It seemed like a good idea… until the swing started to move. I’m not sure this cat is enjoying the ride as much as the guy is enjoying watching!
17. This cat is so stubborn it’s going to pretend to be comfortable just to prove a point.
This cat had a huge point to prove and didn’t care how uncomfortable it would be to prove it. Little did this cat know, he/she would be the subject of a lot of laughs because of his/her stubbornness!
18. The cat’s owner reassures us that there was no permanent damage to the blinds or the cat.
The look of despair on this cat is actually pretty sad. We’re glad the cat was okay afterward though!
19. Just relaxing and hanging out by the window…nothing to see here.
It is actually pretty impressive that this cat can hang on to the blinds this well. But the look on his/her face is just too funny! Something really went wrong here.
20. This kitten is clearly not a fan of…whatever that is.
Something did not taste that good…
21. I think it’s safe to say that this cat is not a big fan of the snow after this experience.
I think it is safe to also say that this cat lost the ‘snowball’ fight that just happened. Poor baby got pelted right in the kisser.
22. I wonder how long the owner of this cat watched him try to figure this out.
The owner of this cat must have thought it was hilarious watching this cat try to figure this one out. How long do you think the cat spent trying to figure it out? This cat is just way too funny!
23. How did this even happen?! It’s pretty impressive, actually.
They call this cat: your friendly neighborhood Spider-Cat. Spider-Cat, Spider-Cat, radioactive Spider-Cat.
24. The look of sheer panic was perfectly captured here.
I don’t know if I fear/dislike anything as much as this cat dislikes the prospect of getting soaked in water. Poor cat looks like she’s stuck out at sea.
25. If the cat was the cause of that lizard’s missing tail, then this was probably deserved.
Have you ever heard of the saying that what goes around comes around? Clearly, this cat has not! No one can escape karma.
26. One paw is up by its face. Another is hanging out of the bag. This can’t be comfortable.
This does not look comfortable at all. This cat is way better than anything you’d could buy at CVS.
27. Is that comfortable for you? Because it’s terrifying for us.
I have no idea how this cat got stuck in this jar. I really hope this was an accident and someone didn’t put him/her in there! This cat does not look comfortable at all.
28. How? Just how?
This cat looks so prideful that it won’t even admit that it is uncomfortable!
29. The box filled with these static-filled styrofoam balls probably looked comfortable from afar. In reality? Not so much.
This cat spotted a bunch of styrofoam balls and thought it would be fun to jump in. Clearly, this cat was wrong! Just take a look at the ‘look’ on the cat’s face – have you ever seen anyone look so annoyed before?
30. This cat was excited and got a little carried away with the yarn.
This is another relatable one – I imagine when I get my kids toys that really want and they just go nuts with excitement. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out too well for this cat.
31. “Ya, know I was really thirsty and trying to get a bottle of water when…”
Does this cat know that we can totally see him? He’s really bad at going incognito.
32. It’s the amazing upsidedown cat!
How is this cat even doing this? Are these cabinets hollow? Where is he hanging from?
33. We have a cat in the corner pocket!
Does this mean we won? Does this mean we lose? What does a cat in the corner pocket mean?
34. This kitten has just discovered that she can climb stuff.
But just because she can doesn’t mean that she should. It looks like she won’t be up there for long.
35. This cat’s owner heard her cat crying and found the cat like this.
Good thing there was a box of tissues near by for all that crying. But was she crying before or after she got her head stuck?
36. Cat vs. Flip-Flop
This cat has some serious beef with this flip-flop. Poor things just gives up the fight after a while.
37. “It’s so round and cozy!”
“Wait… no it’s not. And I am concerned. And I want to get out. Please get me out.”
38. He wanted to be a Bounty quicker, picker, upper.
Actually he was just trying to hide from his owner. And now he’s stuck. Joke’s on him.
39. He thought taking a little stretch on the floor would be a good idea.
Afterall, he does it all the time. But it was not a good idea. In fact, it was a bad one. Unless this cat who rolled around in sidewalk chalk decides to go to a rave.
40. “Halllp! Hallllpppppppp!”
This cat hasn’t learned the whole thing about how cats land on their feet. Hence the reason he is clinging to this door for dear life.
41. “I don’t know what this is or how I got in it.”
“Therefore, I don’t know how to get out.” This cat found her human’s walking cast and it did not end well.
42, This cat’s face says everything.
If you look up regret in the dictionary, you’d see this cat’s face right now. His face is firmly embedded in a roll of tape.
43. “Where is the food?”
“This looked like a food box so I shoved my head in it. So where is the damn food Susan?”
44. “Gee, I must have gained a few pounds.”
“I could have sworn that I used to fit in this space. Did it get smaller?”
45. He wanted to eat the plant.
But now the plant is eating him. Maybe he’ll think twice next time.
46. Fashion cat gone wrong.
This cat had big dreams of being in the fashion industry. Now he’s just stuck in a hanger.
47. Stuck between a door and a screen place.
The cat isn’t really sure how it happened. Neither is his human.
48. “Don’t look at me like this!”
She just wanted to play with the paper. And now she’s trapped in plastic.
49. This cat is clearly in trouble
But oddly enough, he looks super calm about it. Does he regret this?
50. When things are bad and only get worse
This cat was off to a terrible start. But then he just kept going down. Literally.