Whatever romantics and idealists say, love is not an easy thing. Of course, there’s some undeniable beauty in the honeymoon phase of any relationship. But you need to become partners and friends so that love grows and deepens even in the most difficult times.
We have prepared for you a selection of grandchildren sharing the most touching photographs of the weddings and anniversaries of their grandparents. These people are among us, and they have their own recipe for a long-lasting relationship.
1. “Today is my grandparents’ 75th wedding anniversary, and my sister snapped this photo.”
2. “My grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary. My grandfather had Alzheimer’s. He didn’t remember his children, his home, or anything else, but as bad as it got, whenever he saw my grandmother, he would say, ‘Look at my beautiful wife!’”
3. “My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary today.”
4. “My grandparents just celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary!”
5. “This was how my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.”
6. “Today is my grandparents, 66th wedding anniversary! Also, their names are Albert and Alberta! <3”
7. “Not your typical fare, but: My grandparents celebrate their 72nd wedding anniversary today.”
8. “My grandparents on their wedding day in 1959. Today is their 58th wedding anniversary.”
9. “My Norwegian grandparents on their wedding day in 1957. We just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in Norway.”
10. “My grandparents recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Here’s a great shot from their wedding day.”
11. “A call to all photoshoppers. Could anyone add some color to this picture of my grandparents? I’d like to give them a gift for their 60 anniversary.”
12. “My great grandparents, ages 90 and 93, just celebrated their 70th anniversary. Together, they have 10 kids, 28 grandchildren, 60 great grandchildren, and 2 great-great grandchildren. Still as happy as ever. Amazing!”
13. “My grandparents’ wedding photo. My heartbroken grandma once ripped it apart after a fight. They are still married and had their 60 years anniversary.”
14. “My grandparents on their wedding day, 1957, and 60 years later, on their wedding anniversary.”
15. “My Grandparents’ diamond wedding anniversary (60 years) – back in the town where they had their honeymoon.”
16. “Today we celebrated my grandparents’ wedding anniversary. 90 years old, still in love, and married for over 60 years.”
17. “My grandparents also just celebrated their anniversary. This is 60 years of unconditional love.”
18. “My grandparents’ wedding photo from 1956, hand colored by my grandma. They spent their 60 year marriage traveling to the National Parks by motorcycle; he was a woodworker and she was an artist.”
19. “My Grandparents at their wedding 60+ years ago. They are my role models for love, respect, and class.”
20. “My Grandparents on their Wedding Night, 60 Years Ago.”
21. “My grandparents renewed their wedding vows after celebrating 60 years of marriage.”
These couples prove that it’s possible to keep love strong, even after many years of marriage!