For me, some of the most useful hacks are the ones that’ll help me out in the house. The ones that provide more storage, easier cleaning, or helpful fixes. In fact, some of the hacks I’ve put in this article I actually use at home every day!
So, if you need a little bit of help getting your home in tip-top shape, these hacks are definitely for you!
1. This is one of those hacks that I’ve actually used in my house and I absolutely love it!
I use it in my bathroom because my boyfriend hates finding pins all over our apartment. Basically, just take a strip of a magnet and attach it to a wall or shelf, then add the pins to it! It’s Superwoman definitely did a super job on this one!
2. I love this idea for storing your coffee grounds!
Cut out a circle around the metal dispenser of a salt container and put it under the lid of the mason jar. Then you can just pour the amount you need whenever you need it!
3. This is a hack I’ve been meaning to do for a while, but just haven’t gotten around to.
I love the idea of adding magnets to the back of my most used makeup items and displaying them for easy access!
Laura really thought out this project, and the results are not only useful, but super cute, too!
The old photo frame she turned into a magnetic board is the perfect place to store all of your favorite products.
4. For a while, I was getting Febreze Air Fresheners in all sorts of swag bags and random gifts.
So, I definitely had more than I needed for my car. The Krazy Coupon Lady shows us you can use them inside the house as well!
5. Did someone stab a hole in your doorframe?
Surprisingly, The Gracious Wife says you can use a wax crayon to fill that hole. It worked perfectly with white, but you might want to stock up on a 164 pack if you’ve got some fancy colors in your home.
6. If you don’t already have binder clips around your house, you should probably go ahead and steal some from your office so you do.
They’re great for hacking all sorts of problems around the house, including keeping your freezer organized!
7. No one wants food to go to waste, but Ziploc bags are just not a one-size-fits-all kind of deal.
If you’ve got something too big for one bag, flip two bags inside out and you can zip them both together!
8. If you’re tired of spending too much money on fancy plant pots, you can just use a garbage bin instead.
Make a few holes with a drill, and then you’ve got the perfect drainage.
And no one will even be able to tell you’re using a garbage bin to hold your plants.
Thanks to Kimberly, now you can save on pots and spend more on plants!
9. Worried about hackers getting into your car fob and stealing your car?
Clark suggests wrapping your fob in tinfoil to stop those pesky hackers from being able to hack the signals.
10. Have a muffin tin that has seen better days?
Don’t throw it out! You can give that baby a coat of spray paint and use it to organize your office supplies. Shabby Grace Blog makes this muffin tin look super chic.
11. I’m telling you, never throw out your Pringles cans because there are a heck of a lot of things you can do with them.
Cover it in paper and slap a magnet on the back and you’ve got the perfect organizer!
Kara turned her can into an adorable pen organizer that sticks to the fridge because of the magnet!
This would totally save me from scrambling to find a pen all the time! It’ll also free up some counter space where my organizer currently is.
12. I’m saving the best for last because this hack is pretty darn cool.
Who knew that a spring-form cake pan could actually be useful for something other than baking a cake?!
Amanda took her cake pan and created a vintage-looking shelf that actually holds quite a few little trinkets.
She took inspiration from Anthropologie, and I’d say she nailed it!