Parenting is easily one of the most stressful things that a person can do with their life. It’s also the most rewarding (said the author, in case his own kids were reading this).
One of the ways you can survive all the ups and down of dad and momliness is by having a sense of humor, as evidenced by the following people.
1. There is a 100% chance that whoever made this menu has kids of their own.
Not only are these terrific things to have on a kids’ menu, I’m pretty confident that each of these are the perfect response to each of these statements.
2. I’m sure we all know a parent who’s living that Costco life.
Either that or this mom just really misses her old job at the variety store. Either way, she’s clearly in good control of her life, and we all just need to let her do her thing.
3. Speaking of parents at Costco.
I didn’t even plan for these images to line up this way, it’s just how it worked out.
And hey, traditions are only sad when you stop laughing at them. If you’re cool with looking like a lawyer in your avatar but looking like a toddler when you’re shopping, then you just keep living your best life.
4. I think every parent has this fear.
We’re not necessarily worried that our kids are going to become smarter than us. That’s probably inevitable. We’re just worried that the other adults in our kids’ lives will realize that we’re morons.
5. I don’t know exactly what this mom thinks happens when people flirt in relationships, but I like the cut of her jib.
Honestly, I’m switching up my Tinder profile to weed out anyone who’s not okay with dookie-talk.
6. Okay, so maybe I’m being a little bit liberal with my use of the word “respect,” but this is just so ridiculous.
I know it’s not the main takeaway from this picture, but I could really go for some ramen right now.
7. As someone who has been present for the birth of three babies, I can say that those folks do appreciate someone being there cracking jokes.
My wife, on the other hand, didn’t always love me trying to be a comedian while she was giving birth.
8. Okay, so again, I may be too liberal with the word “hilarious,” but this is way too wholesome not to include.
I’ve got tattoos for each of my kids, but none of them are anywhere near this cute.
9. Sometimes it’s not individual parents who are hilarious, it’s the things that pretty much every parent does.
I realize that this is a joke album, but I really want to listen to “Time Flies When You’re Building a Deck” right now.
10. On the one hand, I feel like she should just be able to wear whatever she wants by the time she’s that age.
On the other hand, this dad and his belly are giving me some serious fashion goals.
11. Any old dad can make dad jokes with words, but it takes a true professional to be able to make one without even uttering a single word.
Look at him. Look at the smug look on his face. He’s earned this.
12. I am absolutely on board for this kind of family costume.
I mean, sure, I’m a little hung up on the fact that half and half isn’t a combination of coffee and sugar, but let’s not get caught up in the details, okay?