According to a paper published in 2017, there are over 2 billion animal species around the world. This means that of all the creatures that exist we only know about 1% or even less and we also have no idea about what they all look like. That’s why when we see pictures of unknown species we’re amazed by how unique they look with their unusual colors or markings. But these unique color mutations can also be found in ordinary house pets that many of us have in our everyday lives.
Smalljoys found a handful of animals with unique color mutations that you’ve probably never seen before.
1. A dog with freckles all over his body
2. You can call him Zorro.
3. It’s cold outside, socks are very necessary.
4. Most recognizable cow ever!
5. Who’s on their way back from a masquerade party?
6. Proof that eyeliner totally makes your eyes pop:
7. California red-sided garter snake
8. Venus, the ’2-faced’ cat
9. Red candy basslet
10. The always-concerned cat
11. Adolf Hitler’s pet cat
12. Albino peacock
13. 6-color parrot
14. An Atelopus frog from the highlands of Suriname
15. Rottweiler with vitiligo
16. Calico Dominican red mountain boa
17. Banye, the OMG cat
18. A beautiful dog with a heart-shaped nose that was saved by a shelter
19. Albino crocodile
20. A religious brown cow
21. Indian bull frog
22. Pink dolphin
23. When your eyes catch the world’s attention:
24. A rare blue lobster
25. Black circles after a wild night out