The bathroom may not seem like a very fun or glamorous place to be, and while there are instances when that is totally accurate, it’s not true 100% of the time. We just did a major overhaul of the main bathroom in our home, and now, it’s one of my favorite rooms — because it’s so gosh darn pretty!
If this is how you want to feel every time you walk into your bathroom, check out the list of DIY ideas below for inspiration.
1. Store all of your shampoos, conditioners, and body washes in matching containers.
The Chic Site shows just how easy it is to create this upgraded feeling in your bathroom. Rather than having a mishmash of bottles on display, everything looks uniform and neat.
2. Displaying towels on a wine rack not only makes them accessible for anyone who might need one, but also clears up much-needed space in your linen closet.
This idea, courtesy of Creating Mary’s Home, sounds like a winner to me!
3. For those who prefer the shabby chic look in their home, a set of painted and distressed mason jars (like these ones created by Consumer Queen) are a must.
Experiment with different sizes and colors, and see what you can come up with!
4. Hair products and tools tend to clutter up cupboards and counter space in bathrooms.
However, Dream Green DIY solved this problem by simply attaching a metal file bin to the side of her vanity using Command Hooks.
5. Creating your very own shower curtain isn’t as difficult or time consuming as it sounds.
The creative minds behind A Beautiful Mess demonstrate how to make one of these cuties for next to nothing.
6. Add a splash of color, texture, and pattern to your bathroom space by whipping up a showstopping tissue box cover.
The Crafted Life sure knows how to have fun on a budget.
7. The next time you’re browsing the aisles of your local dollar store, see if they have any woven baskets.
Making Lemonade used a set to create some chic storage shelves for her bathroom.
8. Towel holders don’t always have to be made of metal bars.
Take a page out of the Greco Design Company’s crafty book and give a rope towel rack a try.
9. Who says you can’t have fun with bathroom decor?
The Chic Site proves that it’s easy to incorporate unique pieces into your bathroom design without breaking the bank. And I don’t care how old you are, a dinosaur toilet paper holder will always be amazing.
10. However, if dinosaurs really aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other options for toilet paper holders that are almost just as cool.
I think anyone using your bathroom would appreciate this little shelf by DIY Show Offbeside the toilet!
11. Completely transform the look of any tub without a major renovation using AirStone.
This lightweight, inexpensive product can be secured in place using some construction adhesive and will make your tub look like it experienced a budget-busting update. To see just how dramatic an AirStone transformation can be, check out Rachael’s bathroom over on Lovely Crafty Home.
12. What was once a boring trash can from the dollar store is now an eye-catching piece for that coastal or farmhouse bathroom you’ve been dreaming of.
Head over to Two It Yourself to see this project come together from start to finish.
13. It’s always nice to have something to read in the bathroom.
Ensure you, your family, and any guests you may have always have some form of literature within arms reach by adding one of these tasteful magazine racks to your bathroom. Follow the advice given by Four Generations One Roof and you’ll be sittin’ pretty in no time.
14. Framing out the builder-grade mirror above your vanity is one of the quickest ways to create noticeable change.
Check out the tutorial created by Cherished Bliss and your bathroom mirror will be looking fresh and new in no time.
15. One of my favorite ways to decorate is using items from antique stores and thrift shops.
Mandi of Vintage Revivals gave her bathroom a chic, timeless look by creating a gorgeous dark green feature wall and accenting it with a pretty scroll map.
16. Treat people using your bathroom to a pleasant surprise whenever they open a drawer by lining the bottoms of them with pretty paper.
Spoonflower used a floral wallpaper, but you can opt for contact paper if you want.
17. If the countertop of your bathroom vanity has seen better days but you can’t afford to replace the entire piece, turn to paint for a quick fix.
There are products out there designed specifically for this task, and Linda from It All Started With Paint demonstrates how effective they can be.
18. A cute sign can make a world of difference, especially in a small space like a powder room.
A sign like this is easy enough to make, but if you want it right now without any fuss, head over to Joyfully Said Signs to place your order.
19. There are some messes that a good scrubbing session just won’t fix.
If the floors in your bathroom have lighter grout lines, they can become discolored and grimey in the blink of an eye. Lucky for you, Young House Love has a useful, easy way to make them look brand new without any harmful cleaning products or major renovations.
20. Make any bathroom space feel like a spa by adding a simple stone mat to the floor.
To find out just how easy it is to make one, check out the tutorial over on Tattooed Martha.
21. Isn’t it amazing how much of an impact fixtures can have on the overall appearance of the room?
Bless’er House demonstrates how to quickly change your tub’s accessories without messing around with the plumbing. And if you’re not a plumbing pro, not fiddling around with it is always a good idea.
22. An air freshener doesn’t have to look like an air freshener.
Jodie and Jen of Eighteen25 came up with the perfect way to keep your bathroom smelling fresh without sacrificing its pretty style!
23. Cover up old, outdated tile floors without breaking the bank by using a fun stencil.
The easy-to-follow tutorial by Cutting Edge Stencils over on Hometalk will definitely make the process a bit more manageable.