An Austrian scientist once studied what makes us find something cute. The research showed that our brains are basically hardwired to find things like large eyes and small round bodies adorable. In other words, it’s basic science that looking at baby animals will make you feel happy! If you are ever feeling sad or low, just seeing a little duckling, piglet, or even a baby sloth is a surefire way to make you smile.
Smalljoys has collected photos of some of the charming baby animals that are certain to brighten up any sad day!
1. Remember, all baby animals are adorable, even baby sloths.
2. Even babies need to take the time to sit back and relax…they have to prepare for an entire day of sleeping!
3. Never has a game of “This Little Piggy” been so fun.
View this post on Instagram
Today is the day!! The website wont be updated until late but Iam working on it now. I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting this day, some for a little over a year, but the wait is almost over. The piglets are super excited as well, cant you tell!! ?#pig #pigs #piggy #piggies #piglet #piglets #minipig #teacuppig #micropig #nanopig #pixipig #petpig #littlepig #piggykisses #piggysnuggles #pigtures #petiteporkers #piggyplaydate #oinkoink #piggypeddi #piggyplaypen #todayistheday
4. “Okay, how do you get to the Easter parade?”
5. Just a reminder that there is no such thing as “too fluffy”.
6. Never has love’s first kiss been this level of cute.
7. This is just too soft for us to handle.
8. What’s cuter than a baby bunny? A whole bunch of baby bunnies!
9. Baby koalas are just the perfect pouch accessory!
10. Baby sea otters need to have check-ups too…and they look cuter than ever getting one.
11. Who doesn’t love a good snow day?
12. Even baby bunnies want to go off to see the world.
13. There isn’t anything “common” about this common tern hatchling.
View this post on Instagram
How cute is this common tern? These terns leave the nest after a few days but remain nearby, as they continue to be fed by both parents. Chicks have their first flight after about a month and continue to stay with their parents for another two months or more. . . ?: OCEANA / Juan Cuetos #ocean #oceans #bird #birds #babyanimals #cute #cutephotos #cuteanimals
14. Normally, sticking out your tongue is rude…but this baby hippo is just too cute to scold.
15. When you hang out with baby otters, you know you’re in the right place!
16. “Lambs just wanna have fun…oh, lambs just wanna have fun…”
17. Even a kid knows you’re never truly dressed without a smile.
18. Even baby animals need time to rest…do you know how hard it is being cute 24/7?
19. Believe it or not, baby animals need to keep an eye on the younger generation.
20. Baby seals don’t like people talking about them behind their backs just like anyone else.
21. Just a reminder that you have to make time to “kid” around in life!
Bonus: Because now and then, there’s always time for baby chipmunks…
Bonus. Hug me