Organizing your household items doesn’t have to be tough. Wherever you look there are storage spaces and items that are just waiting to be taken advantage of. There is no need to go and spend lots of money on storage units as there are plenty of other ways to save space around the house.
These 20 genius DIY storage solutions will not only help you save space but also keep your home and yourself organized.
1. Use old tea cups to put into your drawers to keep them organized.
2. Use a paper towel holder as a ribbon holder.
3. A shower caddy doesn’t just have to be used in the shower, it can be used for organizing office supplies too.
4. Plastic baskets attached to the inside of cabinet doors.
5. Got precious ornaments you don’t want to be damaged? place them into old egg cartons.
6. A file box can be used in the bathroom to store hair dryers and straighteners.
7. A shelf placed above the door makes perfect storage.
8. Spray paint berry baskets and you’ve got yourself some fancy storage holders.
9. Install a pipe under the kitchen sink to hang cleaning products from.
10. Store tissue paper in cleaning wipe containers.
11. Keep your hose neat and tidy by storing it in a bucket.
12. Desk organizers also work well in the fridge.
13. Metal baskets hanging from the wall make for some unusual storage spaces.
14. Use a wine rack as a towel holder.
15. A clever way to keep your scarfs organized.
16. Magazine racks make great kitchen storage when mounted on the wall.
17. Run out of storage for clothes? Use a moving clothing rack and place it outside your wardrobe.
18. Too much nail polish? Organize it all into different colors using a shoe organizer.
19. Ice cube trays are perfect for storing small items.
20. You can store bobby pins and other small items in a pill box.
Use a hanger and shower curtain hooks to efficiently store your scarves in one place.
You can also use this handy trick to store baseball caps. This is totally genius!
Bamboo skewers make an excellent storage solution for sharp knives on countertops.
If you’ve got a lot of gardening tools, shovels, and rakes cluttering up your garage, cut up some lengths of PVC pipe. Once you’ve attached them to the wall, you can organize things in no time.
This is a great idea for organizing bathroom toiletries, and it looks a lot better than storing things in their original containers.
If you find yourself doing a lot of gift wrapping, having an organized station like this one is crucial.
Bobby pins have a way of getting all over the house, but with this magnetic strip you’ll have them picked up and organized before someone else can step on one.
Lots of heels bringing you down? Try this amazing wall mount idea to keep them up and out of the way.
If you’ve got a lot of bracelets and necklaces, this is a great way to organize them. Simply mount a corkboard to the wall, and use pins to hang the necklaces neatly.
Never run out of towels when you mount this wine rack on the wall as towel storage. You could also use this idea for blankets in your living room.
Find new and creative ways to organize your craft supplies with this simple shelving solution.
If you’ve got a lot of paint cans and spray paints gathering in your garage or work space, this shelving solution is awesome. It’s actually piece of mounted gutter. Brilliant!
If you’ve got a huge makeup collection, you can use a dish rack to store it and keep it organized.
Use ice cubes inside of drawers to store small items like earrings, buttons, and loose change.
Pop a few magazine holders into your pantry to organize your soup cans.
Your garage might be full, but you’ve still got room on the ceiling. Try this awesome storage idea to make more room on the floor – just make sure you’ve mounted them securely.
Take a cue from your local superstore and keep balls out of the way by stacking them in this shelf made of wood and bungee cords.
Use a Lazy Susan to create more organized storage under your bathroom or kitchen sink.
Ditch the boxes and mount your trash and recycling bags on a roll instead.
Pill boxes make an excellent way to store small crafting items like beads, rhinestones, and sequins.
Finished with your beer or soda? Upcycle the bottle to store your bracelets and cuffs.
Make your board games into wall art. Keep the pieces behind the frame to find them easily when you’re ready to play.
Paint an old French door and lean it up against a wall to create a cute and effective storage method in your kitchen.
If your earrings aren’t organized, they’re hard to find. You can easily make this earring organizer with an old frame and some chicken wire.
A hanging shoe organizer will successfully hold all of your odds and ends in the pantry.
Keep your muffin liners handy by stacking them in a mason jar. Bonus: It looks cute and colorful, too!