Building your own furniture can save you up to $5,000 on furnishing a house. But it’s not just about saving money. Planning and making your own furniture allows you to get the look you want, using the materials you’ve chosen, and totally control the quality of the outcome.
We at Smalljoys have gathered for you some DIY furniture ideas you could use refurnishing your whole house or just adding a fresh detail to bring new colors to your home. And there’s a little bonus point waiting for you at the end of the article.
1. You’ve finally finished the wine? Make a table.
2. What can store better than a storage crate?
3. No wonder they say the oil business is very profitable. Look at how you can reuse the barrels!
4. Remember this magic word: pallets. You can make anything from them in the blink of an eye. A cozy bed, for example.
5. A whole living room!
6. Or some garden furniture. It’s as simple as a LEGO set.
7. You can use cinder blocks to make a garden bench. Never knew how to reuse those, huh?
8. In case you don’t know what to do with your old colander… and your neighbor’s colanders too.
9. Old tires are the new chairs these days.
10. A spool can make a great eco table.
11. Have a spare triangle ladder? Use it to store souvenirs.
12. Or make a shoe organizer out of it…
13. Two regular ladders can make a wardrobe.
14. Found an old drawer? It can be remade into an ottoman.
15. Drinking too much wine is bad for your health, but the corks can make a perfect wine drinking table.
16. And if you really have time…
Bonus: This is what you can do when your kids have grown up, moved out, and the soccer balls are the only thing left…