Emotional outbursts from unstable politicians and actresses aside, Twitter truly is the social media gift that keeps on giving.
The latest evidence of the platform’s power for LOL comes from a now viral thread bridging two distinct online communities: Murder mystery aficionados and kitty connoisseurs.
And it all started with an unlikely observation about snoozing felines:
“My new favorite genre of photography is ‘cats who are auditioning for the role of the body in an Agatha Christie novel'”, shared writer and journalist Boze Herrington with his 25,000+ followers.
The hilarious photoset of overdramatic floofs quickly caught fire with hundreds of commenters volunteering images of their own cats deep in slumber, the best of which came, in keeping with the literary theme, bookworm-flavored captions.
Check out the best of the bunch below!
1. “Mine get very into the dramatic face-down positions.”
2. “Cagney doing a good job of trying to frame me for her murder.”
3. “When would you like her to start?”
4. “It was a double homicide.”
5. “My cat is constantly auditioning. Here’s ‘Arsenic in the bedroom.'”
6. “‘Done in By the Nip’, a little known Christie tale but a good one to be sure.”
7. “Please consider Clooney, he has no acting experience but does come w the name.” ? ? ?
8. “My cat definitely should have been a contender.”
9. “I pant, I sink, I tremble, I expire!”
10. “I came to the comments for cat pictures and I was not disappointed.”
11. “He never saw it coming.”
12. “Death by carrot ?”
13. “Very seriously, even learning from professional mannequins ? Couldn’t avoid, she lives for that role ?”
14. “Dix has secretly been training for this for the past 13 years.”
15. “Wakaba gave literally a twist, both in plot and body.”
16. “Cocoa’s time to shine has arrived”