Dogs are such loyal, caring, and loving creatures – it’s no wonder why they’re called ‘man’s best friend.’ Their compassionate personalities also make them wonderful companions for children.
According to the American Kennel Club, having a dog in the household, while raising your child, can have lots of benefits. Children with dogs tend to have higher self-esteem, less stress, a happier attitude, and they can even be healthier!
These 15 adorable photos are proof that every single kid should grow up with a dog.
So, parents, if your little ones have been bugging you for a fur baby around the house – you might want to give in. But remember, adopt, don’t shop!
1. Dogs make excellent playmates and have lots of energy.
2. “Dog was sad about the cone, thankfully someone was willing to cheer him up!”
3. Plus, babies and puppies – does it get any cuter?
4. Dogs have amazing qualities that our kids can learn to emulate.
5. “Doggo can’t stand when my son goes to school. She sat on him this morning so he wouldn’t leave.”
6. They’re basically kind of like in-house babysitters.
7. If this little baby makes even the slightest peep, this sweet pup comings running.
8. Their bond just becomes stronger and stronger over the years.
9. “My daughter is home with a fever. Puppy therapy has commenced.”
10. If that’s not the look of pure bliss, I don’t know what is.
11. I think it’s safe to say she likes her Valentine’s Day present.
12. This adorable little girl and bulldog take turns warming their bums on the heater vent.
13. This goldie is in love with their new baby sibling. Baby? Not so sure yet.
14. In lots of ways, dog prep you for having kids.
15. But, of course, it always means double the trouble.
Bonus. Growing old with their fur family
Malamutes are very cute.
14 years as best friends
Imagine cuddling this big, beautiful ball of fur.
17 years later and his cat still tries to avoid cuddles.
This photo is a heart-melter.
15 years of unconditional love
One year apart — can you tell the difference?
Look at those smiles — pure joy!
“Hey, I’m almost as tall as you!”
They grow up so fast.
“I will always be your lap-dog, human.”
Still smiling after 14 years!
She’s fallen asleep on his lap every night since she was 10 weeks old.
Reunited pals with a heart-warming story — a picture really does tell a thousand words.
Best friends forever