Several studies have shown that animals can form friendships with members of other species — and these bonds can last a lifetime. In fact, some animals form even stronger connections than people do.
We at Smalljoys totally agree with these studies, and we’ve found some photos as proof of very unexpected yet awesome friendships. There’s also one surprising and very cute bonus at the end of the list.
1. A seal and a penguin like hugs.
2. A capybara and some monkeys enjoying each other’s company.
3. This pit bull actually raised this chicken.
4. This calf and cat are absolutely in love.
5. A dog and parrots. Perfect harmony.
6. A cheetah and a dog that grew up together.
7. A fox and cat that look awesome together.
8. This elephant and dog are friends despite the size difference.
9. Shepherd and bunny are best friends.
10. A cat and a dog. Who says that they’re meant to fight?
11. A dog and a duck who like to take naps together.
12. A baby elephant plays with baby ducks.
13. Another cat and dog. Rule breakers!
14. A calf who adores his piggy friend.
15. This cat doesn’t mind at all.
Bonus: Elton John and Eminem have been good friends for many years.