According to scientists, our planet is home to about 8.7 million plant and animal species while 86% of land species and 91% of sea species are yet to be discovered. It’s just amazing that after hundreds of years of biological studies we keep searching and finding new species of animals, birds, insects and fish. Some of these creatures look so unique that it’s hard to believe we live on the same planet as them. It seems that nature will never stop challenging our imagination and surprising us with its creativity!
Here at SmallJoys, we want to tell you about some unique animals that look so amazing they’ll make you gasp with awe!
1. Meet the barreleye fish, small deep-sea fish with barrel-shaped eyes and transparent heads. They look amazing!
2. The shoebill is a bird that looks pretty charismatic thanks to its big shoe-shaped bill.
3. A horse color breed called Appaloosa is very popular in the United States. This breed is valued for its mesmerizing color patterns that challenge the imagination.
4. Have you ever seen a flying lemur? This gliding creature looks friendly, doesn’t it?
5. Royal flycatchers can boast colorful crests giving them a distinctive “hammerhead” appearance.
6. Are these flower buds or mushrooms? Meet Umbonia spinosa: thorn-shaped bugs that look extraterrestrial!
7. The fish hook ant is a rather dangerous creature. The hook on its back can cut and hold onto a predator.
8. Who is this comical-looking creature with crazy eyes? This is a mantis shrimp, one of the most colorful creatures found in the ocean.
9. The blue parrots’ color is unbelievable!
10. A red face is a distinctive feature of the bald uakari, monkeys with a unique appearance.
11. The giraffe weevil got its name thanks to its long neck.
12. The blanket octopus is a real masterpiece of nature. Just look at its colorful “blanket” with curious patterns!
13. Don’t get scared, this is just a pink fairy armadillo. It’s cute if you take a closer look!
14. This black lizard looks surreal!
15. Red-lipped batfish could star in a lipstick commercial! They look gorgeous!