I love coming across advice that makes everyday tasks easier to manage. However, lifehacks don’t always have the best reputation. For every amazing, life-changing idea, there’s one that makes you scratch your head and think, “But why?!”
Lucky for you, the list of hacks below won’t leave you confused, so get ready to soak up a bunch of good advice.
1. There’s nothing worse than walking into a room and catching an unpleasant whiff of something.
But if you happen to be one of those people who can’t sleep without a fan in their bedroom, funky smells are something you don’t have to worry about, thanks to this handy hack!
2. Fall is amazing, especially when all of the trees change and you’re surrounded by a brilliant display of reds, oranges, and yellows.
But once those pretty leaves turn brown and fall to the ground, they become a pain in the you-know-what. That’s where this clever trick comes in and saves the day.
3. “After installing a car registration sticker, score it with a razor blade to prevent thieves from stealing it.”
I didn’t know this was a common problem, but there’s no harm in taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening, right?
4. “Put those old bread bag clips to work!”
5. Trying to scrub cheese remnants off of a grater can cause you to work up a sweat, especially if you don’t rinse it right away.
To make this cleaning task easier to manage, simply add an even layer of cooking spray to the grater before using it.
6. “How to make an improvised ice pack.”
This idea is perfect in many ways, but it would be really useful if you run out of regular ice packs and need a bunch of them in a pinch.
7. I don’t know about you, but I think camping just got a whole lot better!
Who wouldn’t want to enjoy a fresh batch of blueberry orange muffins while sitting around the fire?
8. Keeping your favorite pair of shoes clean can be a tall order, especially if you wear them all the time.
But even if they do happen to get dirty, you can relax knowing that this Garnier product will make them look fresh and new in no time.
9. Is there anything better than an ice cream sandwich? I can’t think of much that is, which is why I had to share this amazing hack from everyone’s favorite ice cream company, Ben & Jerry’s!
Simply turn a pint of ice cream on its side and use a large knife to slice it into equal parts. Place each piece between two cookies and then remove the packaging.
10. “One time I tried putting an avocado in a koozie and it was ripe the next day. Been doing it ever since.”
I have so many of these things, so I guess I won’t have to worry about unripe avocados again, either!
11. “I use an upside down metal dish rack to keep my Tupperware from flipping upside down in the dishwasher.”
I love this idea because it not only prevents plastic containers from taking a ride inside your dishwasher, it also allows you to clean the dish rack you have in your sink!
12. If a pizza shop thinks this hack is gold, then I’m going to think it is, too.
Even though I prefer to eat leftover pizza cold, I’m still going to keep this trick in mind, just in case I want to try something new.
13. Remember the campfire muffins from earlier? If you’re going to have those, you have to make these, too!
Camping crescent rolls will make even the rainiest, dampest morning spent at a campground more enjoyable and worthwhile.
14. Whether you’re a parent or a teacher, this cookie sheet hack is a must!
Rather than taking up all of your counter space in order to let projects dry, place them on stacked baking trays instead.
15. “When disassembling items, punch your screws through some cardboard and label the sets. This will help you retain your hardware, remember placement and order of reassembly.”
A hack that makes the process of building things easier is an instant win in my books.