Getting stung by a bee or a wasp is never a laughing matter — but the stings can create quite the funny-looking allergic reactions. The funniest bee sting and wasp sting reactions tend to happen in cats — their cute faces are adorably swollen and we can’t help but giggle a bit.
These 30 cats were stung by bees or wasps — our hearts go out to them, but we also can’t help but let out a chuckle when looking at them.
It’s okay, you can laugh — we won’t judge you.
1. This kitty tried to eat some bees and now it’s already mushy face is even mushier.
2. No, that’s not an optical illusion. This poor cat’s paw is really that swollen.
3. This cat’s voluminous lips are thanks to a spider that it tried to eat — the spider fought back.
4. It looks like this swollen feline might have decided to take a snooze on the grass and didn’t notice the bee.
5. Something just isn’t quite right here. I can’t quite put my finger on it.
6. The pretty kitty’s paw has now turned into a boxing glove.
7. This swollen face doesn’t look very fun. Curiosity didn’t pay off for this cat.
8. This beautiful cat was granted the gift of one gigantic paw.
9. It’s okay if you can’t help but let out a laugh at this one. Look at that chin!
10. It’s becoming more and more apparent that cats aren’t very good at winning fights with bees.
11. Admit it — this one is a bit terrifying.
12. This cat’s swollen chin creates more of a Jay Leno look.
13. It’s a lion’s paw on a tiny kitty’s body.
14. Oh. My. Goodness. What is even happening here?! This cat’s bee-stung nose is adorably hilarious.
15. We’re starting to notice a trend here — another sting in the chin causes this kitty to develop a pelican pouch.
16. The similarity is uncanny. Although I’m sure eating that wasp wasn’t very funny.
17. This swollen, bee-stung cat is trying to play it cool and pretend like nothing happened.
18. A fight with a bee turned into all sorts of awkward.
19. We’ve got another swollen-chinned cat here, folks. He ate a bee.
20. This is Fancy, and she decided to try to battle with a bee. She lost.
21. This cat was stung on the mouth and he does not look happy about it at all.
22. Two cats. Same household. Not a fun day.
23. This sweet kitty’s name is Tatu. Tatu tried to snack on a bee.
24. I’m getting the feeling that cats aren’t very good at fighting bees.
25. That paw looks like it weighs a ton!
26. This bee encounter left this beautiful cat with paw twice its normal size.
27. Couldn’t be more annoyed right now.
28. Looks like this sweet cat’s nose got just a little too close to a bee.
29. Another paw bee sting, this one doesn’t look too bad at least.
30. The sad-eyed cat looks like he learned his lesson. Bees always win.
Happiness is surveying your kingdom while being held by a peasant.
Caught up in comfort
“I was going somewhere and decided to take a nap.”
This is what cat engagement photos would look like:
“My friend’s cat saw snow for the first time today.”
“I use treats to help my cat warm up to people that come over for headshots. He’s getting used to it.”
“My wife just texted me this picture of our cat playing behind the TV.”
“Brother, is that you?!”
“A volunteer at our local cat rescue turned on the vacuum.”
“What are you doing, human? This is not my fur!”
This is why Jesus hasn’t returned… he can’t move till the cat wakes up.
“I sprained my ankle, so my cat decided to elevate her paws in solidarity.”
“My sister took her cat for a walk last Fall. We still don’t know if he was enjoying himself…”
This cat shows you the right way to use chair holes.
“Don’t know if I got a bat or a cat…”
The face of regret
“Apparently, my rug has eyes.”
“My friend’s cat got its head stuck in a vase, freaked out, broke the vase, and was left with this.”
“The neighbor’s cat, curious about our fake raven.”
“My friend works for animal control and once she met this little behemoth.”
When you’re really a bat on the inside:
“I’m ready to do anything for you.”
Motherhood be like:
Genetics are everything.
When you’re a protective dad:
Caught in the act!
When you’re unique and always try to show it:
There’s always that one neighbor that spoils everything:
“Here’s my 12-year-old cat asking if we have to keep the rambunctious kittens.”
The most handsome man ever!
Pet me! Now!
Surprise effect in action
Hot weather is exhausting.
Meet Catiano Purrchelli!
Vegetarian cats do exist!
When you’re a serious man but they always try to pet you:
“Oh, OK-OK, slow down.”
Cats should get at least 16 hours of sleep a day.
When your cat is mad at you because you’ve taken her to the vet:
Cats sleep better when they are as close to their owners as possible.