Is a hack really any good if it’s not there to save your butt when you need to be saved the most? The other day, I didn’t have any bandages, and I desperately needed one. I cut myself shaving, and as we all know, those cuts bleed forever.
So, I used a cotton pad and a piece of painter’s tape to help me out, because what else was I going to do?
I’d say these next few hacks are totally on that level — they’ll help you out when you truly need it!
1. Glue Sticks & Gumdrops suggests keeping your plastic bags in an old wipes container for easy storage and easy access.
This will definitely save you the next time you’re searching under a dark sink trying to figure out where you stuffed all your bags after your last grocery trip.
2. As someone who often uses paint but never has a palette on hand, I can tell you this one ain’t just for the kids.
Smart Schoolhouse shared this super easy hack that’ll make sure you always have one on hand (literally)!
3. Don’t you hate going to the beach and having to leave all your valuables behind when you head into the water for a swim?
Parent Hacks shared this genius hack so that you’ll never have to worry about your valuables again.
4. Next time you’re painting your house, add some Press’n Seal to your paint tray.
You’ll be saved from buying new paint trays every single time you paint, and cleaning up will be a breeze! Thanks to Lydi Out Loud for sharing her genius painting hack.
5. Whenever I’m moving, I’m determined to make sure my house looks in tip top shape.
And as a renter, I never want to leave anything in worse shape than it was when I arrived. This hack gets those ugly indents out of carpets. After you’ve soaked the carpet with ice cubes, blow dry the area to fluff it back up.
6. Attach binder clips to your desk or pencil holder, and use the loop to keep your cords from falling off the table.
I could definitely use this beside my bed because once I’m comfy, I never want to reach down beside the bed to pick up a cord.
7. You know what sucks? Going to a party and there not being any ice.
But most people don’t own more than one or two ice cube trays. Luckily, there’s a way around that! Just use an egg carton instead.
8. Here’s a clever organization hack that you probably won’t appreciate until you actually need it.
If you’re in a pinch for a bandage, you don’t want to sort through all your options — you just wanna know what you’re getting!
9. When soap gets super thin, no one wants to use it!
But you can actually use all those pieces of soap and turn them into a brand-new one. You basically just have to boil them together.
Then, as mmchenry shares on Instructables, you pour them into molds so they form into new soaps.
10. Here’s another hack that you don’t realize is super useful until you’ve let your popsicle drip all over your dress in the middle of the day.
Yes, this happened to me recently. And yes, I still eat popsicles in the middle of the workday.
11. A little bit of baking soda in my life, a little bit of vinegar by my side, a little bit of citric acid’s all I need to make my dishwasher super clean.
Okay, that was a stretch, but Lacota Overton says it’s true that that mixture will get your dishwasher clean in no time.
12. This might be a hack that only a crafter really cares about but bear with me.
Constantly buying ink for your projects can get super pricey, especially if you’re a bit of a stationary addict.
If you’ve got a couple jars of this stuff on hand, you won’t have to worry about running out anytime soon.
Bless Lil Blue Boo for bringing this hack into my life.
13. If you find yourself constantly buying citronella candles all summer long, this one is going to save you!
Using an old paint can, some essential oils, a bottle of citronella, and a candle, you can make your own.
Design Fixation mixes the essential oils and citronella with some water in the can then lets the candles float around.
Once they are lit, they’ll let off the scent of citronella and save you from all the bugs.
14. This might be my favorite use for an over-the-door shoe rack.
I’ve seen people store cords, clothes, makeup, and more, but I love that someone used it as a pantry.
15. Did you eat a little too much at your last holiday party and need some help keeping your fly up?
Use a key ring to make sure you avoid any embarrassing situations!
16. I really thought this lifehack was a bit silly until I realized that it’s kind of genius.
I always just pile my pizza slices on top of each other, so clearly I have not reached genius status.
17. Those air fresheners for car vents aren’t just for your cars!
You can totally use them to freshen your home, too. All you need to do is clip it on one of your central air vents.
18. If you’ve got multiple keys and can never remember which one is which, color-code them!
It’s super simple to do with a few bottles of cheap nail polish. Trust me, this is one hack you’re gonna wanna try.
19. Are your feet embarrassingly sweaty, but you don’t know what to do about it?
Well, a couple of pads and a stick of deodorant are here to save the day! Rub the deodorant on the pad, then stick it in your shoe. It’ll soak up the sweat and keep your feet nice and fresh.
20. This hack is great for cookbooks, or if you like to use one notebook for different topics.
I could definitely have used this when I was in school!
You create an index at the back, then use a pen to mark the pages where those topics are written.
21. If you are away from home and worried about the food in your freezer during a blackout or power outage, try this hack!
Freeze a cup of ice, then put a quarter on top. If the quarter is at the bottom of the cup when you return, you know that your freezer was without power long enough for things to defrost and refreeze. I wouldn’t want to eat any of that!